Breaking Sports

Monday, February 07, 2005

Waiting Game

Not much information floating around today. Both sides appear to playing the waiting game to see who makes the next call.
I would imagine the NHL does not want to make public the "drop dead date" since the NHLPA could use it as a bargaining tool. I do know fans, and I mean die-hard hockey fans are loosing interest daily. Many Canadian followers and the few good fan bases in the USA are sick and tired of this fiasco and would be happy to see an end to the season.
I personally think the NHL would suffer more by canceling the season and still look for some type of resolution this year.
The best solution I heard today was from John Davidson, he basically said force the two sides into a room and tell them they cannot come out until a deal is finalized. Sounds good to me.