Breaking Sports

Friday, April 08, 2005

nhl- Another Update from the NHL Meeting

I am surprised to see the NHL media here. Kevin Allen from USA Today and a metro Detroit resident, Mike Brophy from The Hockey News, a reporter from Team 590 Radio in Toronto is here(I believe it is Howard Berger) some beat writers from papers throughout North America are also here.
I am casual and acting like I know what I am doing. So far, haven't been questioned for any credentials or anything like that but am prepared for that in case it does come up. I came to the meeting with the mindset of Kramer when he went to work for a company even though no one knew who he was. I am just trying to fit in and so far all is well.
The overall talk today has been setting up a draft scenario. I am not sure how this will shake out. With the prospect of a new CBA making all teams equal, teams like Detroit, Colorado, Philly, Tampa, San Jose, Dallas, all want an equal shot at the #1 pick in the draft. Will they get there wish, I doubt it but it should be interesting to see what decisions are made.