Breaking Sports

Saturday, June 11, 2005

nhl- A Different NHL Coming

from the Tampa Tribune, I'm assuming there will be an NHL draft this summer and Sidney Crosby will be the new face of the NHL. I'm assuming there will be some sort of fan- friendly preseason event to win back the masses. I'm assuming training camps will open on time - with the regular players.
I'm assuming both sides will apologize profusely at the news conference to announce the new deal. I'm assuming that either Bob Goodenow or Gary Bettman - or possibly both - will be looking for new jobs by next spring.
And I'm assuming this will all be done - soon.
Once it is all completed, I'm assuming we'll see a different NHL than the one we saw at the end of last year.
A shootout is almost a certainty to decide tie games. The tag-up offsides and goal lines closer to the end boards will be implemented. And goaltenders will be wearing equipment that is a little smaller than has been allowed in the past.
The league will attempt to reinvent itself with a new marketing campaign that will focus on the players. A new logo is expected to include the Stanley Cup, the league's best marketing tool. New sleeker looking uniforms also have been discussed at length....more...