Breaking Sports

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

nhl- Minnesota businesses Happy

from KARE11.com, For more than 300 days the state of hockey went without a professional game.
At one point this winter, it sounded as though the NHL players association and the owners had reached a deal and excitement grew among loyal fans and struggling businesses. But the talk of a deal was premature
Wednesday, though, a deal was struck that could have professional hockey players on the ice once again.
That is the best news Joe Kasel of Eagle Street Grille has had in months. He said the loss of one season put him on the brink of closure and another hockeyless winter would have sealed his fate, “We couldn’t have made it through another year. I would have lost everything that I invested, my house, my 401K, my heart and soul, it would have all been gone.”...continued...